"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Tuesday 19 July 2016

Sweet Simple Things

Spent a lovely afternoon yesterday colouring in this digital stamp from PowerPoppy called "Sweet Simple Things". I just adore PowerPoppy images!


I've printed the digital stamp onto X-Press It blending card and coloured with Copic markers. 

Copic colours used include BV11, BV13, BV17, RV13, RV17, YR21, YR27, Y06, Y15, Y17, Y26, Y38, YG25, YG61, YG63, YG67, G21, G24, G28, E70, E74, E79, C1, C4 and C6.

I was undecided about the background but eventually went for an ombre green of YG67 at the bottom, YG63 in the middle and YG61 at the top, instead of usually green for grass and blue for sky. 

I've stamped bees from Our Daily Bread Designs Butterfly and Bugs onto X-Press It blending card, coloured with Copics and diecut with ODBD Butterfly and Bugs dies. 

For the little butterfly I took one of the sentiments from PowerPoppy Juicy Strawberries and printed it really small (I also stretched it out horizontally) and then diecut with the butterfly die from ODBD Butterfly and Bugs dies. Added a little BV Copic around the outside and then blended it back out with the colourless blender. 

The butterfly and bees are popped up on foam tape and I've added some glossy accents to all the bees' wings. The ribbon I used originally had white dots but my Y17 Copic fixed that :-)

It's a little hard to see but the second yellow flower from the left also has a little love-heart see-through button glued in the centre :-)

I am entering my card in the PowerPoppy Power & Spark challenge - B Happy - to make things that start with "B" the focus of your card. I have a beehive, bees, butterfly and button :-)

Thanks for looking!

2 comments :

  1. Oh, Elizabeth, what a gorgeous card! Your skep is truly in the middle of a meadow where the bees are all going to, and on the way they have more flowers to gather from. It really does look perfect with your background, and your coloring is exquisite. I love the added bees and how you've so cleverly added the sentiment. It's gorgeous with a a beautiful framing with the thin yellow frame and fabulous ribbon. Beautifully done, sweet friend! So glad you had fun coloring this one! Hugs (and keep warm...I've been told by many that it's very cold in Oz)!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this card is just over the top gorgeous Elizabeth!!! Your colouring is just exquisite and the Bee theme is perfect for the B Happy Challenge!! Love everything about this!! Thanks so much for playing along with Power Poppy this month!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...