"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Thursday 14 December 2017

Poinsettia and Pomegranates

I recently had someone ask me to make five large (A4 size*) Christmas cards. I've never made a card that big, let alone five of them! All of the dies I have would've looked too small on the large card, so I chose to use a digi stamp and enlarged it (a lot!) to fill up the front of my card. The image I've used is from Powerpoppy called Poinsettia and Pomegranates. I used artistic licence and made my pomegranates blue instead of red :-)

Copic colours used:
Poinsettia: R89, R37, R24, R14 and R12
Poinsettia centre: Y17 and Y13
Pomegranates: B37, B34, B32 and Y17
Pomegranate leaves: YG67, YG17, YG23, YG21 with a dash of Y13 on a few leaves
Thin leaves: G29, G24 and G20

As I had to make five of these in a short amount of time they are not blended as much as I would normally colour them. Pretty much just chucked the colour on but I'm happy with how they turned out anyway :-)


I've used a black A3*, 210 gsm card as my base and then used Bazzill heavyweight cardstock for the layers to make it more stable. I added a white piece on the inside too to study up the back piece. I've added some chunky white and gold embossing frantage (I think it's called Shabby White) to the corners and inked the edges with Distress Ink Festive Berries.

The Merry Christmas is also a digi stamp from PowerPoppy 'Chickadee in Barberry' but I've just removed the "to you" part.

I also added some mini prills to the centre of the poinsettia.


Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

*A4 size is 210 mm x 297 mm or 8.27 x 11.69 inches; and
A3 is double the size of A4, so 420 mm x 297 mm or 16.5 x 11.7 inches.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...