"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Friday 26 June 2015

Hair Colouring Tutorial Video

A couple of days ago my first ever Splitcoast Stampers tutorial went live - colouring hair! I did step by step instructions and a video. This post of mine shows the card that I made for the step by step instructions. Here is the card I made for the video:

Elizabeth Whisson, Copics, Colouring tutorial, coloring tutorial, Copic tutorial, Whimsy Stamps, Wyanet, Beautiful, Our Daily Bread Designs, Clouds and Raindrops, Pennants, ODBD, Mini Tag Sentiments, Copic background, Copic sketch, Bazzill, My Minds Eye, handmade card

The Video tutorial is available at Splitcoast Stampers or on my You Tube Channel here.

I have used Whimsy Stamps - Wyanet (Beautiful) (digi stamp, but she is only available as a rubber stamp at the moment). Copic colours that I used to colour in the image include:

Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair: YR31, E21, E25, E29
Clothes: YG91, YG93, YG95, YG97, YG99 and E51, E53, E55
Shoes: E21, E55, E25
Headband: E51, E53, E55, E25
Clouds: C0, C1, C3, C5, W3, B60
Sky: B0000 and B000
Cliff: E42, E44, E47, E49, W3, W5
Feathers: E71, E74, E77, E79
Butterflies: V95, V99, R89

The papers/cardstock I used include Bazzill heavyweight, My Minds Eye - Everyday Tango and the image is coloured on X-Press It blending card.

I've used ODBD Clouds and Raindrops Dies to make the clouds, ODBD Pennants dies for the notched banners and Our Daily Bread Designs Mini Tags Sentiments Stamps and ODBD Mini Tags Dies to make the little tag. Lastly I added some chocolate coloured twine.

Splitcoast Stampers also has a Colouring Hair gallery especially set up for this tutorial! So if you've read/watched the tutorial and had a go yourself we would love to see you upload your card/colouring to the gallery.

My YouTube channel is only brand new so there isn't much there yet, but please do subscribe, as I intend to keep adding colouring videos. I also have a page that has some basic information about Copics - see it here and I teach live Copic and cardmaking classes - I am based in the SouthWest of Western Australia - so if you're anywhere near there and are interested - please send me an email (link at top left of blog).

Thanks so much for looking! 

6 comments :

  1. Elizabeth, you did a GREAT video tutorial, and this card is gorgeous! Congratulations, once again! Your coloring is fabulous, and it's wonderful that you were able to get to share on SCS! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is beautiful and your colouring is awesome. thanks for sharing a link to your blog via face book. Happy crafting
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this on Splitcoast - what a great card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your video and I look forward to seeing more about Copic coloring..the card is gorgeous! Seen this on split coast stampers today. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Hello! This one is a 5 and a half inch square card.

      Delete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...