"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Whimsy Stamps

I love Whimsy Stamps and I had so much fun colouring this one in recently. The card was for a friend of my daughters for her birthday. 

Elizabeth Whisson, Whimsy Stamps, Rowan Fairy, Copics, Copic markers, Copic sketch, Marianne Designs Creatables Branch Forest, Spellbinders Foliage Two, frantage, chunky white

The image is from Whimsy Stamps and is called Rowan Fairy. I'm pretty sure (my memory is shocking!) but I think I bought this stamp as a digi (which I don't think is available anymore) but you can still buy it as a rubber stamp. I've printed her out on X-Press It blending card and coloured with Copics.

Copic colours used
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04 and R20 for blush
Hair: Y23, E11, E15, E25, and E09 (may have used E23 too??)
Clothes (blue): B91, B93, B95, B97 and B99
Clothes (white): C1 and C3 and 0
Berries: R22, R29, R59 and C5
Leaves: YG03, YG17, G94 and G99
Branch: E21, E23, E25, E27 and tincy bit of E29
Wings: BG90, BG93, BG96 and BG99
Background: W3 and W5

I've cut around the image, added some chunky white Frantage embossing powder and then matted with some red Bazzill textured card.

The blue DP I've used is from My Minds Eye and the green DP is from (I think) Meg's Garden. The Doily is a white paper doily that I've inked with some Distress Ink Fired Brick. The lace is from my stash (could be Creativ brand?) The flowers are also from my stash (had them for years) and I've added some large sprinkles (half white pearls) to the centres. The dragonfly is also from my stash (pretty sure it was bought from Kmart years ago). 

The two leaves I've used are Bazzill textured card diecut with Marianne Designs Creatables Branch Forest die and Spellbinders Foliage Two die.

I've added some Stickles glitter to finish off the card - Key Lime to part of the leaves and Stardust to part of the wings.

Thanks for looking!

1 comment :

  1. Oh, Elizabeth, this little darling is just beautiful and exquisitely colored! Just love how you've used the Frantage embossing powder to add a delicate texture, and I love the beautiful layout and embellishments! This is sure to be the best card this little girl will ever receive! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...