"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Thursday 19 February 2015

Unicorns

Yesterday I posted a card I made for my daughters friend's birthday (you can see it here). Well, it was a joint birthday - it was also the friend's younger sister's birthday! This is the card I made for her.

Elizabeth Whisson, Alshandra, Unicorn, pony, horse, flowers, Copics, handmade card, mythical, Whimsy Stamps, Spellbinders, ODBD, Our Daily Bread Designs, Fancy Foliage dies, Foliage Two

The image is from Whimsy Stamps - Beau and Bashful. I've used the digi (which is no longer available) but you can buy the image in a rubber stamp format from their store. 

I printed the image onto X-Press It blending card and coloured with Copic markers.

Copic colours used
Pink pony (body) - RV02, RV04, RV14, RV25, RV29
Pink pony (hair) - V01, V04, V06, V09
Blue unicorn (body) - B00, B12, B24, B37
Blue unicorn (hair) - YR01, YR04, YR07, YR09
Pink pony and blue unicorn (grey / white and hooves) - N0, N1, N3, N5
Flowers - Y02, Y15, Y17
Basket - E42, E44, E47
Ground - N1, N3, N5, N7 and colourless blender

I coloured the pink and blue bodies of the pony and unicorn first. I then got a textured rag, added some Copic colourless blender to it (you could also use rubbing alcohol as it's much cheaper) and pressed the rag to the pony and blue unicorn. You won't be able to do the whole of both bodies at once - just add a little more colourless blender (rubbing alcohol) to the rag and do it section by section. The shorter time you press down the less of a "smudged" effect. The longer you press - it will "lighten" your image and "push" the colour out of the way more. You can experiment with different patterned rags /cloth to get different effects. You can see this post of mine with more awesome effects you can do with colourless blender ink (or rubbing alcohol). 

I've added some Stickles to the flowers on the image after I finished colouring.

The DP is from KaiserCraft Fairy Tales and the cardstock I used is American Crafts. The bright pink matted section you can see is a piece of white American Crafts card coloured with Copic RV04 to match my image. (You only need to colour the outside edge of the card as you won't see the rest!) I've inked around the edge of some of the DP with Distress Ink Picked Raspberry.

Added some ribbon and flowers from my stash. The leaves are diecut using ODBD Fancy Foliage dies and Spellbinders Foliage Two dies.

A nice and bright card for a little girl :-)

Thanks for looking!

1 comment :

  1. I love to color and this is great coloring. The card is perfect for a child. Beautifully done. - Jim

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...