"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Thursday 26 February 2015

Happy Birthday dies

I was so excited when I saw that Our Daily Bread Designs has released some word dies in their February release! I had a great time making these two cards.


My first card is pretty simple. You just diecut the words (ODBD Happy Birthday dies) out numerous times in different coloured card and stick them on some white card. I added the balloon and "string" for the "dot" of the "i" in Birthday. I dotted glossy accents randomly all over the page too.



For my second card I've diecut the words again (ODBD Happy Birthday dies), this time I've inked them while still in the die using Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire. I've added them to a blue card panel that I've dry embossed with little dots.

I diecut the balloons quite a few times using one of the patterns from ODBD Patriotic Paper Collection. Some of the balloons are up on foam tape while others are flat on the page. I scattered some coloured half-round glass sprinkles across the card and drew in some faux stitching with Distress Marker Stormy Sky.




Did you know Our Daily Bread Designs runs a challenge every week?? The current challenge is a "no colouring" challenge, ODBDSLC228 (both of my cards above fit this challenge!). To see some cards I made for this challenge visit my posts here and here. To join in the fun visit the ODBD blog. You have until 8 pm Sunday, 1 March 2015 EDT to enter (or 9 am Monday, 2 March 2015 AWST).


Also, have you heard that Our Daily Bread Designs Daily Dough Dollars are back??! 
Check out the ODBD Blog for more info!


Thanks for looking!

2 comments :

  1. Great cards. I especially like the first one - all those bright & colorful "Happy"s make the card really fun and, well, happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are gorgeous Elizabeth but I love the dies in the first with the rainbow colors against the white. So happy!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...