"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Thursday 1 January 2015

Mini Album

I had the idea to make a mini album for my parents as a Christmas present since January 2014 but only got around to making it a couple of days before Christmas! It's the second mini album that I have made (you can see my first one (mini accordion album) here) but the first of this type (using album rings).

There are some photos below of the album but if you are interested in making one yourself you can download and print out detailed instructions (with measurements included) here.

Here is what the front cover looked like finished:
Elizabeth Whisson, mini album, album rings

I could have added a lot more to the front cover (i.e. flowers, diecuts etc.) but I like it with just with the photo (and I was running out of time!)

The album is 5" (12.7 cm) square plus the album rings on the side. On the inside I have 7 pockets, each with inserts, and 2 vellum pages (because I couldn't leave out any photos!) Each pocket is decorated front and back and each insert is also decorated front and back. The vellum pages just have a photo on one side with decorations on the back. I added some tabs to each of the inserts so they can be pulled out easily.

Here are some pictures of the album in progress:
 Unfinished front cover: I've used a range of ribbons including Crafter's Choice and Two Green Zebras). The DP that I've used on the outside and inside of the front and back covers is from Bo Bunny - Rose Cafe.

 This is the inside front cover and you can see one of the inserts with a tab inside the first pocket.


 This is the inside of the back cover and the last pocket.

 An insert page part-way pulled out of the pocket.

Two inserts - these are the two styles of tabs that I used.


Back cover

And here are some photos of the finished album:





I did all my journaling in my mini album with either a Uni-ball Signo white gel pen, distress markers or Copic multiliners.

Thanks for looking
and if you want to make one yourself - you can download the instructions here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...