"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Saturday 13 December 2014

Teacher's Gifts

Something else I've made this week are teacher's gifts for my eldest daughter's teacher. I saw that Stacy Morgan had made a nugget purse - which inspired me to make my little box below.

My box is still triangular in shape but has different dimensions and I added sides to the box. It fits a little bag of 3 Ferrero Rocher's inside (or other chocolates / gifts). If you're interested you can download a free template here.

Here are some photos of my box:



For my box I have used a base of Bazzill textured card. I've then added ODBD Patriotic Collection as my DP to all sides except the base. All panels (and the tag) are inked using Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire.

For my front flap I've added ODBD Beautiful Borders die. I wanted to use a fairly largish brad so a regular hole punch was not going to punch a large enough hole. So I ended up diecutting a hole (for where the brad will be used to keep the flap closed) using the small circle die from ODBD Circle Ornaments Dies.

The little red flowers are diecut using ODBD Ornamental Crosses dies from the same Patriotic collection. I've added some blue "sprinkles" to the middle of each flower. The leaves are diecut from one of the ODBD Fancy Foliage dies using Bazzill textured card and inked (while still in the die) with Distress Ink Peeled Paint.

The brad I used was originally yellow (I didn't have a red one) - so I airbrushed it using my Copic Airbrush system and my R89 Copic sketch marker. 

The cute little tag is stamped using Our Daily Bread Designs' Mini Tag Sentiments and diecut using the coordinating ODBD Mini Tag Dies.

Lastly I've added some ribbon and tied it together underneath (you can see the knot in the last photo). 

Thanks so much for looking (and don't forget the template if you're interested)!
(P.S. If you have trouble printing the template, try downloading it to your computer first (down arrow at the top of the page) then opening it from your computer and printing.)

1 comment :

  1. Oh, Elizabeth, this is absolutely the cutest little "purse" I've seen! I love the perfect size and shape for the chocolates, and what beautiful papers and decorations! And I love the closing! It's sure to be a big hit at the school, so be prepared for more requests. What a truly lovely gift for your daughter's teacher! And thank you for the template! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...