"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Thursday 19 December 2013

Mermaid

I've been having trouble finding the time in the last few weeks to put into practice what I learnt in video 3 of my Creative Backgrounds with Marie Gamber at Color Me Creative Classroom. I watched the video quite a few weeks ago, took notes, but then never found the time to try it out for myself (too many Christmas cards to make!). But I have finally finished colouring my image today and put together a card. And I must say I really like how my bubbles and water turned out :-) (that's what the video was on).

Elizabeth Whisson, Mo Manning, Mermaid, Copic, Copic sketch, Copic markers, bubbles, happy birthday, handmade card


I am entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Little Blue Button Stamps - Monthly Challenge 10th Dec - 8th Jan - Birthday Card; and
2. Stamping Sensations - December Challenge - Free and Easy.

More pictures:


Can't really see it in this photo (didn't use the flash) but I sprayed Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst "Down the Rabbit Hole" over the sentiment when it was still in the die.
These are Dew Drops - something I bought quite a while ago but haven't got around to using until now. They are plastic and I do like them...but most of them also have a little "bit" on one side - probably where they were joined to another one when they were made. This is the only downside to them - makes them a little "ugly". You can also see the sparkle on the purple card - this is Lindy's Stamp Gang Moon Shadow Mist "Pegleg Pete Purple"

My Copic bubbles, Copic "water" and glossy accents "embellishments" with a Dew Drop sneaking in the top right corner.

Copics: BV17, E21, E00, E000, BV13, E09, BV11, BV23, R20, R08, R29, R05, E08, YR18, YR14, YR23, R02, BG11, B000, B0000, BG70, BG13, 0, BG02, BG01 and BG000.
Stamps: Mo Manning Digital Stamp "Little Mermaid Mairin" and Crafter's Companion - Humphrey's Corner Collection "Birthday Girl" - sentiment
Ink: Memento "Tuxedo Black", Distress Ink "Dusty Concord" and "Tumbled Glass"
Cardstock: X-Press It Blending card, Creative textured and KaiserCraft "Fairy Tales"
Dies: Spellbinders Shapeabilities "Fancy Framed Tags Two"
Other: Lindy's Stamp Gang - Starburst "Down the Rabbit Hole", Lindy's Stamp Gang - Moon Shadow Mist "Pegleg Pete Purple", The Robin's Nest - Dew Drops "Mint Choc", Inkssentials glossy accents, AnnaBelle Stamps 3 mm sprinkles #21 Turquoise and X-Press it double sided tape.

Updated 16 January 2014
So thrilled to have been picked in the Top 3 of the Little Blue Buttons Stamps challenge that I entered. Click here to see all the winners.

4 comments :

  1. I love your little mermaid card! You have colored her beautifully and the bubble background technique is awesome! Just stunning!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just noticed your comment on the Background class with Marie Gamber and thought I'd check it out. These bubbles look great and your background is really lovely - the dew drops are great, especially the ones that look like water. Plus, the coloring of your mermaid is beautiful….

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely image, and your colouring is beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month, and we hope you'll join us again in the New Year.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bubbles turned out perfect! Another beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...