"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Sunday 17 November 2013

My daughter turned 5!

My eldest daughter has just turned 5 and she loves anything princess / fairy / unicorns etc... :-) I made her this card using one of the gorgeous fairy's from Whimsy Stamps. It was so precious to see her face when she opened it :-)






This is the second card that I have made using the marbleised background technique taught by Marie Gamber in her Creative Backgrounds class at Color Me Creative Classroom. I think maybe my first attempt (see it here) worked a little better? I think the yellow that I used in the background (especially the part in the front of the fairy (the highlight side)) of this one didn't quite "marbleise" with the other colours as much as I would've liked. But I still like the overall look :-)

Copics: BV0000, BV000, BV02, V000, V01, V04, RV02, R20, R81, R83, R85, R89, YR02, YR21, YR23, Y11, Y13, YG21, YG23, YG25, G24, E00, E11, E31, E50, E25, E29, W1, W3 and 0.
Stamps: Whimsy Stamps Wee Stamps "Spring Bringer", Penny Black "Critter Party" (butterflies on inside), AnnaBelle Stamps "All Things Grow" (grass / reeds and butterflies on inside), Our Daily Bread Design "Scripture Collection 2" (Bible verse on inside) and Our daily Bread Designs "Special Girl" (sentiment on inside).
Ink: Memento "Tuxedo Black", Distress Ink "Mowed Lawn", "Seedless Preserves", "Shaded Lilac", "Picked Raspberry", "Spun Sugar" and "Mustard Seed".
Cardstock: X-Press It blending card, Creativ Textured (dark pink, purple and light pink) and DCWV "The Blossom Song Stack".
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities "Gold Labels Four"
Other: Prima Marketing Say it in Crystals - mini swirls (coloured with RV02), Creativ Lace Ribbon, purple heart jewel (from my stash), small coloured flowers (from my stash - from Kmart?), Bo Bunny Blossoms "Blush Daisy" (large pink daisy), Prima Marketing - Prima Flowers - Fairy Rhymes Collection (medium sized pink flowers) X-Press It double sided tape high tack, X-Press It high tack foam mounting tape, Inkssentials Cut-n-dry foam, Fiskars rotary trimmer, Scor-Pal, Sizzix Bigshot, Inkssentials glossy accents, X-Press It clear gel glue, Stickles "Star Dust", AtYou Spica #00 clear, #14 Blossom, American Crafts Zing! clear embossing powder and #02 Pink and Clearsnap Smooch Spritz "Vanilla Shimmer".

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...