"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Sunday 24 November 2013

Mouse on Daisy

Some other friends of ours recently had a baby girl - adding to the two boys they already have. I was excited to make this card for them:

Elizabeth Whisson, Tina Wenke, Mouse on Orange Daisy, copic, baby, handmade card

I also made this card to show an example of my copic colouring for Little Blue Button Stamps - they are currently looking for Copic Colouring Artists - see their post here. They also sell their own stamps - see their store here.

Another photo of my card:


I am entering this card in As You Like It Challenge #15 - Spots or Stripes. I must admit I actually had a hard time choosing, as I like both spots and stripes. But in the end decided that I like spots better and probably use them more often on my cards. I'm not a huge fan of really large spots... but the smaller, more petite ones. I like adding little "spots" (spinkles / pearls / rhinestones) to most of my projects - I think it finishes off the card really nicely. I've incorporated spots into this card on the papers, sprinkles, and the copic colouring of the flowers. I put some copic colourless blender on a microfibre cloth to add "spots" to both the mouse and bird to give them some "texture". I also used AtYou Spica glitter pens to add some more "spots" (with added sparkle) to the flowers on the copic coloured picture.

Copics: Mouse - W1, W3, W5 (and 0 on microfibre cloth), R00, R20, Y11, YG21 and YG23; Bees - Y11, 110 and W1; Ball Flowers - Y11, Y15, Y17; Large Flower - Petals - R81, R83, R85, R89, R00, Centre - Y11, Y15, Y17, E31, E33, BV23; Leaves - YG21, YG23, YG25, BV23, BV00; LadyBug - R22, R24; Grass - YG21, YG23, YG25, G21, G24, BV00; Bird - Y11, Y15, Y17 and 0 on microfibre cloth); Sky - B0000.
Stamps: Tina Wenke "Mouse on Orange Daisy" and Stamp-It sentiment (on inside)
Ink: Memento "Tuxedo Black" and Distress Ink "Picked Raspberry"
Cardstock: A5 Quill XL Multiboard (cream), Creativ mini paper stack (baby girl and party), Crafter's Choice Pastel Basics and X-Press It blending card.
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities "Labels Seventeen"
Other: pink ribbon from my stash, A Touch of Class Baby Born decorative ribbon "hush little baby", flowers from my stash (from Kmart), AnnaBelle Stamps 3 mm sprinkles #4 raspberry, X-Press It double sided tape, X-Press It high tack foam mounting tape, Inkssentials glossy accents, AtYou Spica glitter pens #00 clear, #05 Lemon, #06 melon, #11 gold and #14 blossom and Molotow signal white fine paint marker.

1 comment :

  1. Such a pretty spotty card. Love your image and pretty colour combo. Thanks for sharing with us over at AYLI Carolxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...