"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Sunday 17 November 2013

Cupcake Toppers

I was inspired when reading Kathy Jones' post on Copic Oz that I wanted to try my hand at making cupcake toppers for my eldest daughters birthday. Here is what I came up with:





And here's a photo with the candles lit:


I made rainbow swirl cupcakes - vanilla, pink and chocolate colours. For the icing I used white chocolate ganache - but added some red chocolate colouring powder - making it pink. I then dusted some pink rose petal dust over the icing. My daughter helped add little butterflies and pink sprinkles.

For the cupcake toppers I cut some card to 5 cm x 12" (sorry - I use both centimetres and inches for measuring - whichever one suits me at the time!) - for the large one (I had to join two pieces together) and the small ones are 2.5 cm x 12" (one piece each). I scored the large one using my Scor-Pal at every 1/2 inch. The small ones I scored at every 3/8 of an inch. Then folded and glued them together. It is best to make these in advance because they take a while to dry (although I suppose that depends on the glue that you use). For the sticks I just cut up some wooden kebab sticks to the sizes that I wanted and glued them on the back.

Materials used:
Copics: Castle - RV00, RV02, RV04, RV06, RV09, B02, YG21, YG23, YG25, E55, E57, E59 and BG78. For the flowers - V01, V04, V06, V09, YR04, Y17; Y13, YR04, Y17; BG45, BG49; YR00, YR02; B02, B05; V000, V01, V04, YG00, YG01, YG03; E43, E44, E47 and E49.
Stamps: Hero Arts "Let's Chill" and Our Daily Bread Design "Special Girl".
Ink: Memento "Tuxedo Black"
Cardstock: Creativ Textured and X-Press It blending card
Dies: Spellbinders Shapeabilities "Fancy Framed Tags Two" and Sizzix "Circle framelits"
Other: Clearsnap Smooch Spritz vanilla shimmer, X-Press It clear gel glue, Stickles "Glam Pink", "Tropical Tangerine", "Turquoise", "Waterfall", "Firefly", "Orange Peel", "Cinnamon", "Yellow" and Distress Stickles "Brushed Corduroy".

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...