"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Sunday 17 November 2013

Christmas is getting closer

It's only 38 days until Christmas! And I've got sooo many more Christmas cards to make! So I thought the sketch challenge over at Our Daily Bread Designs - ODBDSLC178 would be a good opportunity to at least make one more :-)

Here is my card:


And this is the sketch:


Some more photos of my card:
Close-up of the "O Little Town of Bethlehem" stamp in the background


Copics: R20, YR23, YR31, Y11, Y21, Y23, B41, E00, E11, E33, E40, E42, E55, E27, E37, E44, E47, W2, W3 and the colourless blender.
Stamps: Our Daily Bread Designs "The Babe" and "O Little Town of Bethlehem"
Ink: Memento "Rich Cocoa" and Distress Ink "Gathered Twigs" and "Embossing Ink"
Cardstock: Creativ textured cardstock (green), KaiserCraft 140mm x 140mm cream card blank, American Crafts cardstock - Christmas (dark brown), X-Press It blending card
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities "Blossoms Three"
Other: cream ribbon (from my stash), Papercraft pearls (coloured with Y23), X-Press It clear gel glue, X-Press It double sided tape high tack, X-Press It high tack foam mounting tape and Inkssentials cut-n-dry foam.

Update 21 November 2013:
Am sooo excited to have been picked as one of the winners for the Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light Award for the challenge that I entered this card in. And I also won the random prize draw! Can't wait to order some more of their stamps!

2 comments :

  1. Oh, Alshandra! This is absolutely beautiful! I love this precious image of our Savior as a babe, and you have created a beautiful card with it! I love how you've colored the image and sponged around the die…and how clever to use the music stamp background! I'm so glad you've joined us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Elizabeth this is stunning!! I just love your warm coloring of the babe in the Manger and soft musical background. Your use of the die and the sponged edge is a beautiful touch. Stunning card sharing the true meaning of Christmas!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD this week!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...