"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Monday 24 June 2013

Baby Shower

Would like to share another card that I made for a friend's baby shower.  This is my first "step" card.

Elizabeth Whisson, step card, handmade card, Penny Black, Teddy and Company, Hero Arts stamp and die cut set, copic, copic markers, copic sketch







The card doesn't "open" at all as I had to "glue" (used glossy accents) a ribbon to the inside of the back opening - because the card kept falling over due to the weight. But once the ribbon was there it stood up fantastically :-)

Copics: E41, E42, E43, E44, E47, E49, Y02, Y06, Y23, G03, G05, E31, E33, E27, YG11, YG13, YG25, YG67, YG23, YG17, BV00, BV02, BV04, B41, B45, B000, 0, B12, B14, and R27.
Stamps: Penny Black "Teddy & Company", Sizzix and Hero Arts stamp and die cut set #657778 and #657852, Whimsy Stamps (free with Issue 46 of Australian Simply Cards) and Imaginisce Snag 'em stamps "Cloud".
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versa Color #19 Cyan, Distress Ink "Walnut Stain", "Pumice Stone" and "Tea Dye".
Cardstock: DCWV Textured Neutrals, X-Press It Blending Card, Creativ Plain cardstock and Kaisercraft Fine and Sunny.
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilities "A2 Matting Basics A" and "B", Sizzix and Hero Arts stamp and die cut set #657778 and #657852, Die-namics "Picket Fence", Cherry Lynn Designs "Tags 1", Spellbinders Shapeabilities "Flower Burst" and Spellbinders Shapeabilities "Foliage Two".
Other: Tim Holtz Distress Markers "Barn Door", "Mustard Seed", "Spiced Marmalade", "Shabby shutters" and "Peeled Paint", Stickles "Stardust", Inkssentials Glossy Accents, Scor-pal, Fiskars Rotary trimmer, Sizzix Bigshot, Scissors, double sided tape, X-Press it high tack foam mounting tape, Pebbles Pearlescent chalks and Milford Mercer "string".


The card was inspired by a picture I found on the internet but I cannot find the link in my bookmarks (I was sure I saved it but maybe I didn't??) All I can remember is that it had a big die cut tree that the person had cut twice, cut the leaves off the front tree, embossed it and then stuck them together. Not much to go on, I know... sorry... If I find it I will post the link here.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...