"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Sunday 12 May 2013

Craft Time

I really enjoy making art and craft things with my kids. It's lovely to see their faces light up when I ask if they would like to make something. For Mother's Day we set about to make my Mum some scented butterflies (and other shapes) to make either a room or clothes smell nice.

We made some salt dough together (recipe out of my craft book that I have) and then the kids enjoyed cutting out different shapes. We had to wait a LONG time (I'm sure 4 hours seems like days for kids) for the shapes to dry in the oven and then cool down. Both my 2 and 4 and a half year old had immense fun painting not only the shapes but the lawn, table and themselves as well!

Once dry, they helped add some essential oil to the unpainted little square we left on the back of the shapes. Threaded some ribbon through the holes and wrapped up our gifts.
The pictures below are of the "extra" shapes that we made - for them to hang up in their rooms.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...