"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Sunday 26 May 2013

Copic Journal - Skin Colours

I'm enjoying following Copic Oz's posts on the Copic Technique Journal (well - I enjoy reading / following any posts that increase my copic knowledge and skills :-) ). Their latest post is about skin colours (view it here). The post also contains a great template that you can use.

Skin colours are something that I struggle with, especially the darker colours. So I started off trying out the colours that Kate used on the Copic Oz site. Kate's images are much better than mine... here was my attempt:
Elizabeth Whisson, copic journal, copic colours, copic colors, skin colours, skin colors, colour combinations, color combinations
This is the template that you can get from the Copic Oz site. The bottom right one I just penciled in the colours she used... I am missing the E95 from my collection so will add this at a later date.

I really like the template, the pictures are not too far apart so when I cut the A4 page in half, I could fit a good number of skin combinations on my journal page.

I continued with the template leaving room to add more combinations at later dates:
Elizabeth Whisson, copic journal, copic colours, copic colors, skin colours, skin colors, colour combinations, color combinations

Elizabeth Whisson, copic journal, copic colours, copic colors, skin colours, skin colors, colour combinations, color combinations

I then used another template from the Copic Colouring Guide Level 3: People by Colleen Schaan and Marianne Walker (a fantastic book) to get skin colours from a "guys" perspective :-)
Elizabeth Whisson, copic journal, copic colours, copic colors, skin colours, skin colors, colour combinations, color combinations

Elizabeth Whisson, copic journal, copic colours, copic colors, skin colours, skin colors, colour combinations, color combinations

While I do like the image on this template, I found that the images were slightly too far apart, so I ended up cutting each image out and sticking it on my page. Definitely looks uglier (than leaving them on the one, flat page) but I'd rather sacrifice the "looks" of my journal in exchange for fitting more colour combinations in my journal.

I haven't had much time to play with my copics in these last 2 weeks... so that's about as far as I got with the skin combinations. But I'm glad that I have some "blank" templates in my journal so it will be easy to add more later on. I'm also glad I did spend a bit of time adding these skin combinations to my journal. As I said above, skin colours are something I struggle with and having these in my journal will make colouring my pictures that little bit easier.

It may be a bit hard to see from the photos but I've taped "extra" pages (the templates were good to use here) into my journal so they become "flip-out" pages. That way I have more room to add even more combinations.

Entering this post in the Copic Oz Copic Technique Journal #2: Skin Swatches to win a free journal!

See more of my copic colour combinations and techniques:
Colour combinations
Colourless Blender techniques
Hair Colours
More colour combinations
Copic combinations added to Journal in 2014

I have also started a Copic page - you can view it here

1 comment :

  1. Wow Alshandra, these look wonderful, you even have a few combos I haven't seen yet - great job!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...