"The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

Monday 26 November 2012

Christmas and chipboard

This is the second Christmas card I have made and I decided to use "chipboard" on this one.

I've never used chipboard before and didn't have any of the really thick chipboard, so I cut up an empty cereal box and used my Sizzix Big Shot to die cut the chipboard to make the wreaths and frame for my sentiment. I painted the chipboard with white acrylic paint and let it dry. I then sponged versa color ink followed by Tim Holtz distress ink over the painted chipboard, sprayed with a little water and let dry. I finally stamped Christmas decorations over the chipboard, glued on some flowers and attached to my card.

Here is my card:


Copics: None this time
Stamps: Fynmark - Fundamentals FX55, Stamp-It "Flowing Christmas" sentiment
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versa Color #151 Sand beige, #171 Pinecone, #21 Green, #14 Scarlet, Tim Holtz Distress Inks Crushed Olive, Frayed Burlap and Fired Brick
Cardstock: Creativ Plain, Hot off the Press, Merci - Vintage Romance and chipboard
Dies: Sizzix decorative frame set - wavy layered and doily
Other: Craft Concepts Candy Canes embossing folder, Papercraft pearls, lace and brown ribbon (from my stash), Inkssentials Glossy Accents, Stickles Xmas Red and Star Dust glitter glue, double sided tape, Helmar acid free glue, flowers (from my stash), scissors, Sizzix Big Shot, Fiskars rotary trimmer, Scor-Pal, Tsukineko jumbo daubers, X-Press It high tack foam mounting tape, other (thicker) foam mounting tape, paintbrush, KaiserColour white crafters acrylic paint, water in spray bottle, Inkssentials cut and dry foam and acrylic stamping block.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are greatly appreciated and I cherish each and every one of them! Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...